10.17.2016

Change of Pace

Well, my upswing has changed its pace along with its face. I guess the hardware from Dr. Grant’s bad surgery mixed with my active lifestyle has deteriorated my lower spine so much in the last 5 years that my pelvis has detached from my spine. My pelvis bone has been rubbing on the hardware when I sit and move around causing bone damage and my body reacted by creating a large pocket of fluid that has migrated all the way up around my back and into my lower spine. The doctors are concerned that the dura that holds the spinal fluid potentially burst so they are refusing to drain the fluid because if burst, it could suck out the rest of the spinal fluid. I’m going to UCSF on Wednesday for a CT scan with dye injected into the dura in the spine to check to see if it’s whole. Then they can determine if they can drain the fluid for relief and what the next steps will be. Thoughts, visions and prayers for an intact spinal column would be greatly appreciated! Spine reconstruction surgery scheduled for December 15th at UCSF.

No comments:

Post a Comment